Orange Marzipan Balls
- 1- 7 oz box Odense Almond Paste or Marzipan*
- 1 tablespoon triple sec (orange-flavored liqueur)
- Grated zest of 1 orange (the outer, orange part of the peel)
- 1 cup melted coating chocolate
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes, in a shallow bowl
- *Odense Marzipan will make for slightly sweeter confections.
- Form a well in the center of the almond paste.
- Add the triple sec and orange zest to the well. Knead into the almond paste.
- Using your hands, form bite-size balls.
- Dip a ball into the melted coating chocolate. Lift the ball out of the chocolate, allowing excess chocolate to drip off.
- Roll the coated ball in the coconut flakes, and place on parchment paper to dry.
- Repeat with the other balls.