Almond Pumpkin Pie
- 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste
- 1-9 inch unbaked pie shell, frozen or homemade
- 1-15 oz can packed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced almonds
- 1 large egg white, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon sugar
45-55 minutes to cook
Total time: 60-70 minutes
- Preheat oven according to pumpkin can directions. Adjust rack to second level from bottom.
- Flatten roll of Almond Paste into a 6 inch disk. With a rolling pin; roll out disk to a 9-inch circle between wax paper, or on a work surface dusted with powdered sugar. Line shell with almond disk. Gently press disk into edges and up the sides.
- Mix pumpkin according to recipe on back of can. Pour filling into prepared crust and bake according to can directions.
- While pie is baking, beat egg white until frothy with one tablespoon sugar and one tablespoon water. Set aside.
- In the last 20 minutes of baking pie, add almonds to egg white mixture and mix until well coated. Remove pie from oven and decorate outside edge of filling with coated almonds. Sprinkle almonds with a bit of additional sugar.
- Bake for remaining 20 minutes, or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool pie on wire rack before cutting.