Honey Almond Sticky Buns
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto (almond liqueur)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste or Marzipan (grated using large hole side of box grater)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 roll (20 oz) frozen white dough, thawed*
- *Thaw dough in refrigerator the night before you want to cook buns.
Rising time: varies
Bake time: 30-35 minutes
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with bit of melted butter. Pour honey and Amaretto into a microwaveable measuring cup. Heat 30-45 seconds or until slightly warm. Pour into prepared dish and sprinkle evenly with almonds.
- Add Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater), sugar and cinnamon to a medium bowl. Mix (with fingers or food processor) until fine crumbs. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 10"x14" rectangle. Brush dough with remaining butter. Evenly sprinkle dough with Almond Paste mixture. Starting at 14 inch side, tightly roll up dough. Pinch seam together and place seam side down on counter.
- Cut into 1" wide slices (approx. 14 buns), dipping a serrated knife into flour between cuts. Place cut side down into honey.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cover buns with wax paper and a towel. Let dough rise until double in size (25-35 minutes, depending on temperature of room).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Cool 1-2 minutes and loosen edges. Cover baking dish with serving platter and invert. Serve warm and enjoy the raves.