Almond Butter Cake
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
55-60 minutes to bake
Total time: 75-80 minutes
- Preheat oven to 325°F and position rack in middle of oven. Line bottom of Springform cake pan with parchment paper, or butter and lightly flour pan, tapping out any excess flour.
- Grate Almond Paste (using large hole side of box grater). Add Almond Paste and sugar to a mixing bowl. Mix until combined into small crumbs.
- Add butter to Almond Paste mixture. Beat until light colored and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat on high for three minutes, or until very light and fluffy. Add vanilla and beat until combined.
- Whisk together, flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to Almond Paste mixture and stir until just incorporated.
- Spoon batter into prepared cake pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Cool pan on wire rack for 15 minutes and unmold. This is an extremely moist cake that will keep well for one week if well wrapped.