- 1-7 oz box Odense Marzipan
- Red food color, gel or paste
- Plastic wrap
- Optional: honey
These easy-to-make marzipan mushrooms are adorable. Perfect for a Leprechaun to snooze under on St. Patrick’s day! Great for decorating a Bûche de Noël.
40-60 minutes depending on size
3-7 depending on size
- Color 1/4 part of Marzipan red, with food coloring.
- Make tapered stems of various sizes by rolling between palms of hands. Place on plastic wrap so they won't stick to the counter.
- Roll red marzipan into various sized balls (to match stems). Make an indentation with a finger into bottom of ball (toadstool cap). Decorate cap with tiny dots of undyed marzipan. A small bit of honey will help keep the dots on, if they are falling off.
- Place cap on stem and set aside to dry a bit. Will keep soft for 1-2 weeks depending on thickness. Decorate a cake or give these editable toadstools to your favorite mushroom hunter!