- 1-7 oz box Odense Marzipan
- Yellow food coloring paste* or gel
- Red food coloring paste* or gel
- Vegetable oil
- 15 whole cloves
- *Food coloring paste is generally preferred over liquid as it won't change the consistency of the Marzipan as the liquid may.
Make your own bite-sized pumpkin patch with Odense Marzipan or Almond Paste.
Total Time: 20 minutes
15 mini pumpkins
- Knead a small amount of food coloring into Marzipan. You will use approximately one part red to three parts yellow to get a good pumpkin color. Knead into a ball.
- Roll ball into a 15 inch rope and cut into 15 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a ball. Slightly flatten balls to form a pumpkin shape. Make a small indentation in top of pumpkins.
- Dip a toothpick in vegetable oil to keep it from sticking to the Marzipan. Starting at the top (where the stem would be) press toothpick gently into the pumpkin sides, from top to bottom. Continue around the pumpkin, until all creases are completed.
- Carefully, press a clove into top of each pumpkin for a stem.