- 1 - 7oz box Odense Marzipan
- Orange, or red and yellow food coloring
- 32 whole cloves
These little oranges look so real that your guests won’t believe they are candy.
About 45 minutes
- Color marzipan with orange food color, or by mixing two parts yellow food color to one part red color. Knead color in until a uniform orange.
- Shape the marzipan into a roll and divide into 8 equal pieces. Divide those 8 chunks of marzipan into 4 equal pieces. Roll into 32 round balls. To get the dimpled effect of an orange, roll balls on the fine hole side of a box or nutmeg grater. Place on plastic wrap to prevent them from sticking to the counter.
- Remove bud of clove from stem, leaving the stem with a flat star on top.
- Make a small x with a toothpick on a marzipan ball. Press stem of clove into the middle of the X, leaving star against surface. Repeat with all balls.
- Place marzipan oranges on a plate, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and let dry overnight.
- Cover and store at room temperature for one week, or refrigerate for a month in a closed plastic container with air squeezed out.