- 1-7 oz box Odense Marzipan
- Yellow food coloring, paste* or gel
- Star end of whole cloves
- *Paste food coloring is generally preferred over liquid, as it won't change the consistency of the Marzipan, as the liquid may.
These cute little confections are perfect to fill a candy dish or to decorate any kind of lemon cake.
36-38 mini lemons
- Roll Marzipan into a ball and make a well in the center. Add yellow food coloring. Knead in color.
- Pinch off 36-38 pieces of Marzipan and roll into balls. Slightly taper ends. With tweezers or fingers press in star end of clove stem (bud removed) or a cardamom seed, rounding that end just a bit.
- Leave smooth or, for a dimpled effect, gently roll lemon on fine hole side of a box grater or a nutmeg grater.
- Place marzipan lemons on a plate and loosely cover with plastic wrap. Let dry overnight. Covered lemons will stay soft for one to two weeks at room temperature. They can be frozen for up to 3 months in an air tight container.