- 1-7 oz box Odense Marzipan
- Red food coloring paste* or gel Yellow food coloring paste* or gel
- Vegetable oil
- 10 parsley sprigs
- *Food coloring paste is generally preferred over liquid, as it won't change the consistency of the Marzipan, as the liquid may.
These realistic looking carrots make the perfect garnish for carrot cake or muffins.
30 mini carrots
- Make a well in the marzipan and add food coloring, about three parts yellow for every one part red.
- Knead in the coloring.
- Make 30 balls (larger balls for larger carrots).
- Roll each ball between palms into a carrot shape.
- With a toothpick make horizontal lines around carrot. Dip toothpick in oil if sticking to marzipan.
- With toothpick make a slight indentation in top for stem.
- Use parsley stems as carrot tops.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.