- 1-7 oz box Odense Marzipan
- Food coloring of choice (we used Wilton's Pink Rose)
- Light Corn Syrup
- Confectioner's sugar for dusting
These ghoulish Odense Marzipan Halloween treats look surprisingly real.
About 60-70 minutes
- Cut Marzipan roll in half. Cut 8 equal portions from 1/2 of roll. Shape into 8 Marzipan balls and form each ball into an oblong (brain) shape. Make a guide line down the middle of the brain, to divide the two cerebral lobes.
- Lightly color the remaining 1/2 of Marzipan with food color of choice (grey, green, pink). Place the colored Marzipan into a baggie to keep from drying out. Pinch off a bit of colored Marzipan and roll into very thin rope. Only roll one rope at a time, so it doesn't dry out and break.
- Lay the rope in a wavy pattern against one side of the guide line (of brain) from the back to the front. Continue to fill in all the space on one side of the lobe. Press ropes gently against the brain to adhere. Repeat with other side of lobe until finished. If hands or counters get too sticky to roll ropes, dust with confectioner's sugar.
- Continue until all 8 brains are completed. If you have enough Marzipan left from making ropes, make another brain. For a particularly life-like presentation, place each brain on a small piece of wax paper and lightly brush with corn syrup. Brains can be made one week ahead. Store in an air-tight container.