- 1-7 oz box Odense Marzipan
- Beaten egg white
- Assorted food colors
Make these super cute bears for your bear loving friends. They are not only endearing but delicious as well.
Two bears or more if miniature
- Cut roll of Odense Marzipan in half. Reserve second half for another bear.
- Form a ball of marzipan about 1 1/2 inches in diameter for the bear's body. Roll it between palms of hands to get an oval shape. Place on work surface.
- Roll a ball about an inch in diameter for the head. Shape two small pieces of marzipan into small pea size balls. Flatten with thumb for ears. Attach to head. Use a bit beaten egg white if pieces will not stick to one another.
- Shape two small pea size pieces of marzipan for cheeks and place on head about three quarters down from top. Pinch off two small pieces for eyes. Roll into circles and place above cheeks.
- Shape the nose a bit bigger than the eyes and position on top of cheeks between eyes. Firmly press head onto body.
- Attach legs to lower back and wrap to front. Slightly bend log up at end for foot. Repeat with remaining half of marzipan.