Lemon Almond Cupcakes
- 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup safflower oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (2-3 large lemons)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind (only yellow part)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Confectioner's sugar for dusting
- Optional glaze:
- Mix until smooth, 1 cup confectioner's sugar with 5 teaspoons lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind.
20-25 minutes to bake
Total time: 40-45 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in muffins tins.
- In mixing bowl, mix Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater) and sugar until the texture of small crumbs. Add eggs one at a time beating well between each. Add yogurt, oil, lemon juice and rind. Beat until well combined.
- Sift flour and baking powder into almond mixture. Beat until mixed, scraping the bottom and sides of bowl. Spoon batter into liners, a bit more than 1/2 full.
- Bake cupcakes in center of oven, 20-25 minutes or until tops are nicely rounded and toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Start testing at 20 minutes. Cool tins on wire racks for 5 minutes. Then, transfer cupcakes to wire rack and cool completely.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar or frost with optional glaze. Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days.