How To Make A Marzipan Snowman
- 1-7 oz box Odense Marzipan
- Food coloring paste*, gel, or liquid (colors of choice)
- Confectioners or granulated sugar
- *Paste food coloring is generally preferred over liquid, as it won't change the consistency of the Marzipan, as the liquid may.
These cute little snowmen can be a welcomed winter decoration for show or a delicious treat to eat. The kids will enjoy making these snowmen as much as the adults.
Yield: 3 snowmen (2-2 1/2 inch high, 1-2 inches high)
- To make your snowmen, leave Marzipan neutral or tint by kneading in a small amount of food coloring, adding more color as needed. If tinting Marzipan, leave a small amount uncolored to tint orange for carrot noses.
- Divide the Marzipan into 3 sections. Make 3 balls from each section, large, medium andsmall. Roll in sugar of choice, depending on the coating you prefer. (Image)
- Using a toothpick as a spine, stack the 3 balls to make the snowman (largest ball for bottom, to smallest for head).
- Press into snowman: The nail shaped end of cloves leaving the flower part for eyes, Marzipan nose and twigs for arms. Repeat with remaining balls.
- Note: Be as creative as you wish. Yarn for a scarf, leftover Marzipan for a top hat ... the sky's the limit.