Grilled Berry and Almond Galette
- 1/4 cup sugar plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 rounded tablespoon cornstarch
- Pinch each of salt and ground cinnamon
- 1/2-14.1 oz box refrigerated pie crust
- 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste
- 1 lb mixed berries*
- 1 tablespoon milk
- *We used 1-6 oz package each of raspberries and black berries, and added 1 cup of sliced strawberries to make a pound. You can mix and match as desired.
20-25 minutes to cook
Total time: 30-35 minutes
- Place one pie plate upside down on grill grates. Preheat grill to 400°F, medium low with lid closed.
- Whisk 1/4 cup of sugar, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add berries to flour mixture and toss until completely covered. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured counter, roll out pie crust to 10 inch diameter. Set pie crust into second pie pan. Shape Almond Paste into flat disk and roll out (on already floured counter) to 8 inches. Place in center of pie crust. Pour berries on top of almond paste. Pleat edges of crust over filling (center will show fruit). Brush crust with milk and sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of sugar.
- Place galette on top of foil pan and cover grill. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is translucent, and bubbly. Cool galette on wire rack 20 minutes before serving.