Granola Almond Fruit Squares
- 1-16 oz box (4 cups) granola
- 1 cup slivered almonds, regular or toasted*
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-14 oz package caramels
- 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater)
These delicious bars are great for on-the-go snacking.
28-squares (1 1/2 x 1 1/2inches)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 7 x 11 inch baking dish.
- Mix granola, almonds, coconut, raisins, and cranberries in a large bowl.
- Add water, caramels and Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater) to a medium saucepan. Stirring, cook over a medium-low heat until melted and smooth. Immediately pour over granola mix and combine.
- Spoon mixture into dish and compact with plastic wrap, pressing top evenly flat.
- Bake for 10 minutes and place on wire rack until cool. Cut into one and one half inch squares.