Double Almond Bark
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 lb dark chocolate,* chopped into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 -7 oz box Odense Marzipan
- *White or milk chocolate can be substituted for dark chocolate.
- Optional: melted white chocolate for a decorative drizzle
2 hours to chill
Total time: 2 hours and 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line one baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread almonds on second baking sheet (ungreased, unlined) and bake for 10 minutes or until slightly toasted. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, add chocolate and butter to a double boiler or a medium size bowl, set on a pan of barely simmering water. Stir occasionally.
- While chocolate is melting, slice Marzipan in half lengthwise. Slice each half lengthwise into 6-8 strips. Cut strips into small pieces. Gently separate pieces.
- Stir almonds and marzipan into melted chocolate. Pour mixture onto parchment lined pan and spread with spatula to an even 1/4 inch thickness. Drizzle top with melted white chocolate, if desired.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Cut into 2-inch pieces. Double Almond Bark can be refrigerated in an airtight container for one week.