Danish Coconut Almond Cake
- 1-7 oz box Odense Coconut Almond Paste, grated
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- Optional: Toasted coconut or confectioner's sugar
27-30 minutes to bake
Total time: 42-45 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour tart pan.
- Add grated Coconut Almond Paste, sugar and butter to mixing bowl. Combine ingredients then beat on high 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well between each. Beat on high until batter is light colored and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Sift cake flour into coconut almond mixture. Gently fold in flour by turning with a spatula until ingredients are just incorporated. Folding is NOT stirring.
- Spread batter into tart pan. Bake 27-30 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely on a wire rack before removing from pan. Sprinkle edges with toasted coconut or confectioner's sugar.