Chocolate Orange Marble Cake
- 1-7oz box Odense Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- Optional: yellow and red food coloring
55-60 minutes to bake
Total time: 95 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray, or grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In a mixing bowl beat Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater), sugar and butter until combined. Scrape sides of bowl and beat on high for 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating between each addition. Scrape sides of bowl and beat on high until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl. Mixing until combined, add flour to almond mixture alternately with sour cream, ending with flour.
- Remove 3 cups of batter (about 22 1/2 oz) to another bowl and add melted chocolate. Mix until just combined. To remaining batter add orange rind, 10 drops yellow and 4 drops red food coloring. Mix with beaters or by hand, until the desired color of orange is reached.
- Add spoonfuls of chocolate and orange batters to bundt pan, alternating colors. Using a thin handle of a wooden spoon, gently swirl batters together. Do not over marbelize. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Unmold and cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar or frost with favorite icing.