Chocolate Fudge with Almond Paste and Pistachios
- 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste
- 3 cups chocolate melting wafers
- 1-14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Soft butter for greasing pan
- 2 cups natural (uncolored) shelled pistachio nuts*
- If diet is salt-restricted, use unsalted nuts but the flavor will be somewhat altered.
1 hour to chill
- Dice Almond Paste into tiny pieces, separate and refrigerate.
- Add chocolate and condensed milk to a double boiler or a bowl set over barely simmering water. Cook on very low heat, stirring occasionally.
- While chocolate is melting, butter a 9 X 9 inch square pan. Line pan with two - 9 inch wide strips of parchment (going in opposite directions) leaving enough parchment to overhang sides for easy removal of fudge. Butter parchment and up two inches of sides.
- Stir in vanilla extract when chocolate is totally melted. Remove chocolate mixture being careful water does not come into contact with chocolate at all. Stir in diced Almond Paste and pistachios. Mix well. Pour mixture into prepared pan, smoothing top.
- Cool pan on wire rack. Cover top with plastic wrap and refrigerate one hour. When solid, lift fudge out of pan, with overhanging parchment. Trim sides and cut into one inch pieces.