Chocolate Covered Marzipan Balls
- 1-7 oz box of Odense Marzipan
- 12 oz dipping chocolate
- Chopped almonds, colored dipping chocolates*, coconut
- *Dipping chocolates can be found in candy or cake decorating stores. They have already been tempered so they do not change color (bloom) or grow dull with time.
- Divide Marzipan into equal size pieces of choice. Roll into balls.
- Heat chocolate in a double boiler or in a bowl over a pot of simmering water, being careful no water comes in contact with chocolate.
- With a toothpick, spear a ball and dip in chocolate until covered. Place on wax paper.
- If desired, paint with a colored chocolate or sprinkle with nuts or coconut and let chocolate harden. These easily made confections make a great hostess gift.
- Store Marzipan balls between wax paper in an airtight container, 2-3 weeks on counter or 1-2 months in the refrigerator.