Chocolate Almond Crescent Rolls
- 1 egg
- 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste
- 2-8 oz packages of refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-4 oz semi-sweet, good quality chocolate bar (like Ghirardelli's)
- Sugar for sprinkling
11-13 minutes to bake
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Beat egg with one tablespoon water and set aside.
- Cut chocolate into 1/4 inch by 1 inch slices. If they break, just piece together as you use them. Using a cheese slicer or sharp knife, cut thin slices of Almond Paste. Set aside.
- Separate each roll into 8 triangles. Lay slices of Almond Paste on top of dough. At widest end of triangle, lay a strip of chocolate on top of Almond Paste. Roll to point.
- Place point side down on baking sheet. Curve into a crescent shape. Brush crescents with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Serve.