Chocolate Almond Banana Bundt
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups very ripe mashed bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
50-55 minutes to bake
Total time: 65-70 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour or spray (with a no-stick cooking spray with flour) a Bundt pan.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into a large bowl. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Add Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater) and sugar to food processor. Pulse until the texture of small crumbs. Add oil, eggs and bananas. Pulse until smooth. Mix in extract. This can be done in a mixer, but texture may not be as smooth.
- Pour banana-almond mixture into dry ingredients. Mix with a spoon until incorporated. Pour into Bundt pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted near middle comes out clean. Cool pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack and finish cooling. Keeps in refrigerator for one week or freezer (double wrapped) for 3 months.