Cardamom Almond Bundt Cake
- 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- Optional: confectioner's sugar or favorite icing
45-50 minutes to cook
65-75 minutes total time
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Add Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater) and sugar to mixing bowl. Beat until the texture of sand. Add butter and beat 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each, until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Sift flour, cardamom, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to almond mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour.
- Spoon batter into pan and bake 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Set pan on cake rack and cool 20 minutes. Invert cake onto rack and cool completely. Serve with a dusting of confectioner's sugar or favorite icing.