Budding Marzipan in Mini Flower Pots
- 1-7 oz box Odense Marzipan
- Mini terracotta pots with mini cupcake liners
- Favorite cupcake recipe
- Chocolate frosting
- Crushed chocolate wafers
- Assorted colors of food coloring paste* or gel
- Assorted mini flower cookie cutters
- 2 teaspoons Just Whites (powdered egg whites)
- Assorted sprinkles or candy decorations
- *Paste food coloring is generally preferred over liquid, as it won't change the consistency of the Marzipan.
Spring has sprung with these adorable Marzipan decorations! They make delicious presents or hostess gifts for your gardening friends.
10-14 minutes to bake (cooking in terracotta takes longer than cake liners alone) Decorating time depends on how much fun you are having
36 mini cupcakes decorations (depending on how elaborate decorations are)
- Place terracotta flower pots in mini cupcake tins and line with cupcake liners. Mix batter and bake 10-14 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Frost cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with crushed chocolate wafers.
- Divide Marzipan into 4 or 5 sections, depending on colors needed. Make a well in the Marzipan and add food coloring of choice. Knead in food color until desired color is achieved.
- In a small bowl, whisk Just Whites with 2 tablespoons water. Working with one color at a time; roll out Marzipan (between wax paper) and cut out desired flower shapes. Place two flowers together (glued with egg white mixture) if a thicker shape is needed.
- Make stems by pressing green colored marzipan on toothpicks and place flower on top. If desired, paint bits of flowers with egg white and dust with colored sprinkles then stick into cupcake. Shape leaves and little spikes of shoots out of green marzipan. Decorate cupcakes with greens.