Blueberry Rhubarb Almond Pie
- Double pie crust, store bought or homemade
- 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons quick cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon each, nutmeg and salt
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 pint blueberries, washed and picked free of stems
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Optional: milk and sugar for top crust
50-55 minutes to bake
Total time: 75-80 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°F with oven rack in lowest position. Line baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup.
- On a lightly floured counter, roll out bottom crust and line pie plate. Shape Almond Paste into a flat disk. Roll disk between wax paper to form a 9" circle. Press into bottom and up sides of pie shell.
- Add sugar, cornstarch, tapioca, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to large bowl. Mix together. Add rhubarb and blueberries. Toss to combine and pour into pie shell. Dot with butter.
- Roll top crust, cover pie and crimp edges. Brush top with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Cut 3 or 4 vent holes in top crust and place pie on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then lower temperature to 375°F. Bake an additional 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden and juices are bubbling. Cool before serving.