Blueberry Almond Muffins
- 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater)
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup blueberries, rinsed and stems removed
28-30 minutes to bake
43-45 minutes total time
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a twelve-count muffin tin.
- Add Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater), butter, flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest, and salt to a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until butter and Almond Paste are finely cut into the flour.
- In a medium bowl, beat the milk with the eggs. Add the flour mixture and blueberries. Stir gently until ingredients are just incorporated. Over beating will make a tough muffin.
- Scoop* batter into muffin tins and bake for 28-30 minutes or until tops are rounded and muffins are golden. Cool in pans a few minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.