Blueberry Almond Galette
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (in dairy aisle)
- 1 pint blueberries, washed and stemmed
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus extra for sprinkling crust
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Flour for dusting counter
- 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- Milk for brushing crust
40 minutes to bake
Total time: 50 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°F and adjust oven rack second from bottom. Line pizza pan or baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove one roll of crust (2 to a box) from refrigerator and let rest on counter.
- Add blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt to medium bowl. Toss together.
- Unroll pie crust onto a lightly floured counter. Roll crust to an 11-inch diameter and place on parchment paper. Dust rolling pin with flour if sticking.
- Flatten Odense Almond Paste into a 6-inch disk. Roll out to 9-inch circle on lightly floured counter and center on crust.
- Pour blueberry mixture into center of almond paste disk (leaving a 2-inch edge without fruit) and dot with butter. Fold outside edges in, overlapping each fold, until you have a circle. Brush crust with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake galette for 40 minutes or until crust is browned and fruit bubbly. Cool pan on wire rack and serve warm or at room temperature.