Baked Almond Blueberry Donuts
- 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup blueberries, washed and stemmed (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, melted
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- Optional: Favorite icing
13-15 minutes to bake
Total time: 33-35 minutes
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Grease or spray donut pan. If using a silicone donut pan, lay pan on a baking sheet.
- Add sliced Almond Paste, sugar and lemon rind to a food processor, fitted with a metal blade. Process until the texture of sand. Add flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and baking soda. Pulse until well combined. Pour mixture into large bowl. Add blueberries and gently toss to coat with flour mixture.
- Whisk buttermilk, butter and eggs in a small bowl until mixed. Pour wet ingredients into dry almond mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Pipe or spoon batter into donut rings, 2/3 full. Bake 13-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool donuts in pan for 5 minutes then invert onto wire rack. When cool, drizzle donuts with favorite icing, if desired.