Almond Shortcake Stars
- 1 stick (4 oz) unsalted butter, COLD
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
15 minutes to bake.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease cookie sheet, or line with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into food processor fitted with metal blade.
- Cut the cold butter into half inch pieces.
- Add the butter to flour mixture. Pulse a few times to get a crumbly texture. Do not overmix.
- Add the Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater). Pulse several times to get a granular texture.
- Add the heavy cream. Pulse until the mixture starts to come together.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead for one minute.
- Dust your rolling pin with flour. Roll to a 3/4 inch thickness.
- Dipping the cookie cutter in flour to prevent sticking, cut out stars and place on your greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until golden.