Almond Raspberry Pinwheels
- 1-17.3 oz box puff pastry sheets*
- 1 egg
- 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste, divided
- 1 cup good quality raspberry jam, divided
- Sugar for sprinkling
- *(2 sheets pastry per box: 1 sheet for 12 pinwheels, 2 sheets for 24)
- Note: If halving recipe: double wrap 1/2 Almond Paste roll and refrigerate up to 3 months. Remove one pastry sheet to thaw and keep other sheet frozen in box, well wrapped.
18-20 minutes to cook
Total time: 55 minutes
- Thaw pastry according to box instructions. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- Beat egg with 1 tablespoon water and set aside. Cut Almond Paste in half. Grate halves separately (using large hole side of box grater). Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface unfold one pastry sheet. Roll out to 10" X 12". Spread 1/2 cup of jam to edges, leaving 1" of 12" side with no jam. Sprinkle 1/2 of Almond Paste onto jam.
- Starting on 12" side with jam (to edge), roll up like a jelly roll. Place seam side down and make 12-1" slices, wiping knife between cuts. Cover bottom of pinwheel by tucking one inch of dough underneath pastry. Place bottom on parchment. Repeat.
- Press down to slightly flatten. Brush with egg mixture and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned. Cool on wire rack. Serve slightly warm.