Almond Raspberry Peach Pie
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup minute tapioca
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 lbs ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, sliced
- 12 oz raspberries
- 1 double pie crust, homemade or store-bought
- 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- Milk and sugar for crust
50 minutes to cook
Total time: I hour and 40 minutes
- Adjust rack to lowest rung in oven. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Whisk sugar, tapioca, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl. Add peaches and raspberries. Mix gently until incorporated. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roll out bottom crust and line pie plate. Shape Almond Paste into a flat disk and place between two pieces of wax paper. Roll out to an 8-9 inch circle.
- Line bottom crust with almond paste, pressing gently into bottom of crust and up sides.
- Pour peach mixture into shell and dot top with butter. Brush pie rim with milk.
- Roll out top crust and lay over peaches. Flute edges of pie and cut steam vents. Brush crust with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place pie on baking sheet and bake 20 minutes. Turn heat down to 375°F and bake for 30 minutes more or until fruit is bubbly and crust is browned.
- Cool on wire rack for 3 hours before cutting.