Almond Peach Crumb Cake
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons soft butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-7oz box Odense Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 large peaches, peeled* and thinly sliced
65-70 minutes to bake
Total time: 1 hour and 40-45 minutes
- Heat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a high-sided 9" cake pan or springform pan.
- For topping, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, soft butter, and cinnamon with a pastry blender until crumbly. Set aside.
- For cake, add Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater), sugar and butter to a mixing bowl. Beat until well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, beatingwell after each addition. Beat on high 3 minutes or until light colored and fluffy. Beat in vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to almond mixture and beat until just combined.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and top with sliced peaches arranging in two concentric circles, slightly overlapping each slice.
- Sprinkle reserved crumbs over peaches. Bake for 65-70 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack before serving.