Almond Mincemeat Pie
- 2 Macintosh apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1-1 lb, 12 oz jar mincemeat
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rum or brandy
- Double pie crusts (homemade or store bought)
- 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste
- Milk and sugar for crust
35-40 minutes to bake
Total time: 60-65 minutes
- Adjust rack to lowest rung in oven. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix apples, mincemeat, brown sugar and rum or brandy in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Roll crust to fit a 9 inch pie plate and fit into dish. Shape Almond Paste into a flat disk and place on floured counter. Roll out to a 9 inch circle and press into bottom and up sides of pie crust.
- Pour mincemeat mixture into almond paste lined crust.
- Roll second crust. Brush first crust edge with milk to seal. Lay second crust on top. Seal edges and cut steam vents.
- Brush crust with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown and fruit is bubbly. Tent with foil if pie is browning too quickly.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack before cutting.