Almond Honey Cake
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs, separated, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups honey, divided
- 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
30 minutes to bake
Total time: 65 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9 inch springform pan or spray with baking spray.
- Sift flour and baking soda into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks, 3/4 cup of honey, Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater), yogurt, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, butter and lemon rind until smooth.
- Stir liquid ingredients into flour and mix until just combined. Gently fold in egg whites until incorporated and pour into pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until lightly golden and toothpick inserted near middle comes out clean. Set on wire rack and let cool 15 minutes in pan.
- While cake is baking, add remaining 1/2 cup honey and 1/2 cup lemon juice to a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil and turn down to a simmer. Simmer 5 minutes and set glaze aside to cool.
- Pierce cooled cake with toothpicks and brush with honey-lemon glaze until absorbed. Unmold and serve warm or at room temperature.