Almond Chocolate ‘Mayo’ Cake
- 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup full fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup extra dark cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Favorite chocolate buttercream frosting
25 minutes to bake
Total time: 40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two 9-inch cake pans with bakers spray.
- Beat Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater), sugar, mayonnaise, water and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt into mixing bowl. Beat until well incorporated and pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted near middle comes out clean. Cool pans on wire racks for 15 minutes. Unmold cakes and cool completely on wire racks. For an extra chocolate experience, frost with a favorite chocolate buttercream.