Almond Cannoli Pie
- 1 uncooked pie shell, homemade or store bought
- 1/2 cup Half & Half
- 2 eggs
- 1-16 oz container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
65 minutes to bake (combined times)
Total time: 80 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Pre-bake pie shell by lining uncooked shell with parchment or foil and filling bottom with pie weights, uncooked rice or dried beans*.
- Bake pie shell for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack. Carefully remove filled lining and turn temperature down to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, add Half & Half, eggs, ricotta, sugar, Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater), extract and salt to a blender. Blend on high until ingredients are smooth.
- Mix in chocolate chips and pour mixture into pie shell. Decorate outside edge of ricotta with a ring of almonds.
- Bake pie for 50 minutes or until set and place on wire rack (away from drafts) to cool. The middle can be slightly soft, it will continue to cook (firm up) out of the oven. When pie is at room temperature, refrigerate 3 hours before cutting.