Almond Blueberry Buckle
- Topping Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) soft unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cake Ingredients:
- 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater)
- 2 cups Bisquick-type mixture
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 scant cup milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, room temperature*
- *Test Kitchen Tip: Cold blueberries will make a cake cook unevenly. Wash and drain blueberries. Dry on paper towels.
50-55 minutes to bake
Total time: 65-70 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease and flour cake pan.
- For Topping: Add sugar, flour, butter and cinnamon to a bowl. Mix with a fork until texture of fine crumbs. Set aside.
- For Cake: Add Almond Paste (grated using large hole side of box grater), Bisquick, and sugar to a bowl. Mix with a pastry blender (or food processor) until texture of small crumbs.
- In a measuring cup, add milk then melted butter and egg. Whisk well. Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients. Mix until incorporated and spread into cake pan.
- Top batter with blueberries, slightly pressing into cake. Sprinkle with reserved topping. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack and serve warm.