Almond Apple Crumb Pie
- 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste
- 1 unbaked 9"" pie shell, chilled
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup uncooked oats
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, 1/4"" pieces
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 baking apples, peeled, cored, sliced
25 minutes to assemble
50-60 minutes to bake
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Shape Almond Paste into flat disk. Roll out to 9"" disk, between 2 sheets of wax paper.
- Press disk into bottom and up sides of pie shell. Refrigerate.
- For topping combine flour, oats, brown sugar, almonds, and half of cinnamon. Cut butter into mixture until crumbs are formed.
- For filling mix sugar with remaining cinnamon, toss with apples and pour into pie shell.
- Spoon topping over apples. Bake 50-60 minutes or until golden brown*.
- * If top is browning too quickly, loosely tent with foil.