In this recipe
Odense Almond Paste is manufactured in Denmark, using the finest California almonds that have been blanched, mixed with sugar, and rolled through Italian millstones. Adding the delicate flavor of almonds can make an ordinary recipe extraordinary.
20 minutes to assemble
11-13 minutes to bake
1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste
1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, melted
2/3 cup sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease and flour a madeleine pan.
- Using an electric mixture, beat Almond Paste, butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each. Beat on high for 5 minutes or until mixture is thick and pale colored. Beat in extract.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Pour flour mixture into almond mixture a third at a time, folding gently until incorporated.
- Spoon* one tablespoon batter into each mold. Bake 11-13 minutes until light golden and top springs back when pressed.
- Cool pan on wire rack for a few minutes and gently unmold. Cool cookies on wire rack and dust with powdered sugar. Repeat steps 5-6 until all batter has been used.
A cookie scoop that holds 1 tablespoon of batter makes quick work of this step.
Madeleine batter can be baked in mini muffin pans with a slight change in directions. Decrease batter to a scant two teaspoons and bake 10-11 minutes. Makes approximately 50 mini cupcakes.
Madeleines can be double wrapped and frozen up to one month. Thaw on counter and do not microwave.
*Nutrition Facts are estimates only. For questions or specific information, email firstname.lastname@example.org